A very important priority for ESTRO for the coming years is to offer its members more online educational and professional services. Within this perspective, ESTRO decided to create a multifunctional platform for contouring and delineation
What can you expect? What does FALCON offer?
- Live, hands-on delineation workshops at the annual ESTRO meetings, with interaction with worldwide experts
- Online/virtual delineation workshops during the year, with interaction with members of the FALCON contouring team
- The opportunity for individual professionals to validate their daily contouring practice online by comparing this with the delineation by experts and the ESTRO guidelines
- ESTRO Live Courses with hands-on contouring exercises. In 2011, these will include the multidisciplinary courses on Head and Neck Cancer, Rectal Cancer and Breast Cancer, the course on 3D Image Based Brachytherapy in Gynaecological Malignancies, the courses on PET in Radiation Oncology and Paediatric Radiation Oncology
- An online database of delineation exercises, expert delineations and delineation guidelines
- Link to the EAGLE library for e-lessons on delineation related topics
- Online EAGLE courses with integrated online delineation exercises
- Credits for participation for your ESTRO Fellowship
Inconsistencies in contouring target and critical structures can seriously undermine the precision of conformal radiation therapy planning and are generally considered to be the biggest and most unpredictable source of errors in radiation oncology.
FALCON is a web-based service available for you at your office at a time most convenient for you.
FALCON’s Main Online Services:
- Individual training according to experts
- Individual training according to recommendations
- Virtual workshops for training on specific tumour sites
- Links to the EAGLE Library
- Links to the ESTRO Fellow programme
For more information, practicalities and conditions, please refer to the ESTRO website and Newsletter.